• Peasant's house
    Peasant's house Read more...
  • Hermit's place
    Hermit's place Read more...
  • Bujtor István Open-air Stage
    Bujtor István Open-air Stage

    Read more...
  • Lavender House Visitor Centre
    Lavender House Visitor Centre

    Read more...
  • Tihany, the treasure peninsula
    Tihany, the treasure peninsula Tihany is the most spectacular place of the lake Balaton. The peninsula is deeply elongating into the Balaton...

    Read more...

Calvary

kalvaria

The most beautiful 20 th century calvary of the countr y was built within a few years time, beginning in 1926, from public contributions. The stones with inscription and bronze relief symbolising the suffering of Christ and the Way of the Cross were raised on behalf of the historic counties and royal boroughs of Hungary. The stone cross of Christ, in the background, there are three knolls built of limestone blocks and the bronze memorial of Hungarian King Charles IV. The structures of the Calvary were demolished in 1960. Foundation-stone for the Calvary (Stations of the Cross) to be rebuilt was laid in a ceremony March 28, 1992. Work started in the year 1998, then on October 15, 2000 the by then finished three Station pillars and the temporarily erected three wooden crosses were inaugurated. The Károly IV Calvary Foundation still gladly accepts donations.